LNHS Tennis 2016
ALL IN FOR TEAM
2016 - 4 AMAZING Seniors - Addie, Paige, Holly, Kristin. Picture as freshman and seniors. Thanks for a great 4 years. Leaving a Legacy
2017 LNHS Tennis Summer Camp dates announced - June 5th, 6th, and 7th at Bennett Park. K-5 will be 9-10:30am and 6-8/9-12 will be 11am-12:30pm. All current LNHS Lady Eagle Tennis players are expected to work kids camp in the morning before team camp at 11am.
2016 Lady Eagle Tennis Team
Player Development/Off Season Work
Current players must come to Fall Season with the following footwork/movement skills: 1.Split Step 2.Doubles Movement/Footwork (see videos below). 3. Short ball/volley Study and add skills to your game.
Doubles Movement/Footwork: Video #1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37n8x3FMu8, Video #2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hTTe8jejC0, Video #3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW7KICFeyHo, Video #4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90OK-YWjtA0
Serve: Basic service motion in 4 easy steps, have a high toss and out if front toss Video #1
Great job improving tennis shots/strokes during off season! Next step is improving footwork/movement on the court. Players must commit to developing movement and footwork for the below reasons:
1. Number one predictor for success in tennis = FOOTWORK
2. As a player/team, there will be massive/fast improvement
3. The game is much easier and you are a better player
4. Increases consistency with shots during points
5. Helps improve practice flow/work because players can rally during drills which increases drill effectiveness/pace. Less standing because more balls are in play.
6. Tennis is more fun.
Get to work, Work on your own, with a teammate, or at lessons but get it done!
Missouri State Tennis Championships
|2006 Missouri State Tennis Championships||2007 Missouri State Tennis Championships|